Investigators are appealing once again to the residents of East Williston to come forward with information on a gun used in a shooting on Friday, Feb. 6, at about 3:30 p.m. at the intersection of County Road 318 and U.S. Highway 27A.
A Williston man is being treated at Shands for injuries he sustained this morning (Wednesday) after an electric radiator exploded.
Paul Dennis Jr., 77, of 141 NE 11 St., put an electric radiator heater in an outdoor fire to burn off the wiring prior to scrapping it, according to Williston Police Chief Dennis Strow. The heater contained oil, and once heated, exploded setting Dennis' clothing on fire.
Norman James, a neighbor, heard the explosion and rushed to his neighbor's aid.
An unoccupied house in Bronson went up in flames Sunday morning.
When emergency personnel arrived at the two story house at 703 Pennsylvania Ave. shortly after 10:09 a.m., smoke and flames were visible through the roof. Crews were unable to gain access at first due to down power lines.
By Lou Elliott Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
The Levy County School Board has cancelled its contract with its first choice for construction of the new Williston Middle High School and is now negotiating with its second ranked choice for the project.
The vote to end talks with Gilbane Building Company’s Jacksonville unit came during the Tuesday, Feb. 10 board meeting and was unanimous.