A Williston man is being treated at Shands for injuries he sustained this morning (Wednesday) after an electric radiator exploded.
Paul Dennis Jr., 77, of 141 NE 11 St., put an electric radiator heater in an outdoor fire to burn off the wiring prior to scrapping it, according to Williston Police Chief Dennis Strow. The heater contained oil, and once heated, exploded setting Dennis' clothing on fire.
Norman James, a neighbor, heard the explosion and rushed to his neighbor's aid.
The Levy County Drug Task Force – acting on tips from the public and provided through Crime Stoppers – located and dismantled a methamphetamine lab in the Ocala Highlands West area and arrested a Morriston man. More arrests are expected in the case.
By Lou Elliott Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
The Levy County School Board has cancelled its contract with its first choice for construction of the new Williston Middle High School and is now negotiating with its second ranked choice for the project.
The vote to end talks with Gilbane Building Company’s Jacksonville unit came during the Tuesday, Feb. 10 board meeting and was unanimous.