- Special Sections
- Public Notices
On Saturday, May 2, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., the GFWC Woman’s Clubs of Williston will present the second annual Williston Regional Art Promotion (WRAP). Formerly known as the Williston Arts and Crafts Festival, the 29-year-old show has undergone major changes.
The goal of the clubs is to bring art to our community; ready to be displayed in homes and businesses and at affordable prices.
The venue will display frame worked art inside the clubhouse and all other expressions of art including crafts will be shown on the lawn at the Williston Woman’s Club located at 1049 N.E. 6th Blvd. (SR 121).
In addition to art, WRAP 2009 will feature live entertainment and a variety of locally prepared foods including desserts.
The show will be juried. Photographs of sample art work is required with application if you did not participate in WRAP 2008.
The show will not be judged, but will be an opportunity to showcase your work to sell to the people of Williston and surrounding area.
All framed work (pastels, pen and ink, oils, acrylics and watercolors) must be framed and ready to hang. Quality framed reproductions, photographically or mechanically copied works are acceptable.
Prints made from a hand operated press by the artist are considered “original” and should be signed and numbered.
The price for any work may not exceed $350.
This includes all expressions of art exhibited inside and outside on the lawn.
WRAP 2008 was a resounding success. Sales of art was most gratifying with two artists each selling more than $700. We welcome all original expressions of art and crafts and wish you many sales in this unique promotion of all expressions of art. Please contact WRAP chairman, Kaye Mc Glothin (352) 528-3350 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Return your applications early, accompanied by photos when required, as space is limited. We look forward to hearing from you and know that together WRAP 2009 will be a great success.
1. Work must be original and appropriate for family viewing. All work must be made by the exhibitor. Photos of a sample of your work is required with application if you did not participate in WRAP 2008. The Jury reserves the right to withhold any entry it deems unsuitable.
2, A non-refundable deposit of $75 is required with each application for framed art, which will be shown in the clubhouse in the air-conditioning.
3. A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required with each application for all other expressions of art, which will be shown outside on the lawn.
4. Booths are 10’x10’. Each exhibitor is responsible for care and protection of their area. All exhibitors must provide their own display racks, tables or other display needs. Attaching anything to the clubhouse walls, windows, or doorways is strictly prohibited.
5. No pets are allowed in clubhouse.
6. Check in time is from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Cars must be moved from in front of clubhouse by 8:30 a.m.
7. A commitment to exhibit includes the expectation the exhibitors will remain throughout the show until 5 p.m. closing.
8. Each exhibitor is to collect their own sales tax and have their names and sales tax number available. (Levy County sales tax is 7 percent.)