The Williston Police Department announces the following arrests:
* Jerrell L. Hopkins, 20, of Northeast 37th Place, Williston, was charged with possession of cocaine to sell or distribute, resisting a law enforcement officer and no driver's license. He was stopped by an officer who was aware that Hopkins did not have a license. Hopkins allegedly fled the traffic stop, driving into a local parking lot, the running on foot. Several officers joined the chase and Hopkins was apprehended in the 1000 block of Northeast First Avenue. According to the report, seven small pieces of what was believed to be rock crack cocaine were found in a bottle in the center console of the car.
* Sidney Carl Frasier, 48, of Northeast 10th Street, Williston, was charged with domestic battery after he allegedly bit a juvenile "on the left side of his stomach area" and "body-slammed" the youth to the ground.
* Catrell L. Evans, 25, of Northwest 190th Street, Micanopy, was charged with possession of marijuana less than 20 grams after he was stopped for a traffic violation.
* Whaqui Harvey, 21, of Northeast 210th Court, Williston, was charged with driving while license suspended or revoked after being observed by an officer driving at Northeast 10th Street and Northeast First Avenue.
* Gerald R. Coleman, 37, of Northeast 7th Street, Williston, was charged with domestic assault and violation of probation after an incident involving his ex-girlfriend.
* Alfredo J. Hernandez Avilez, 41, of Gainesville, was charged with fleeing/attempting to elude after he failed to stop for 1.7 miles after being clocked at 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.