Middle school rallies to down Ft. White

-A A +A
By Steve Jarboe

In one of the most exciting football games played at Booster Stadium in quite some time, the Williston Middle School Red Devils gave up an early 16-6 lead to the Fort White Middle School Indians.
But the hardnosed Red Devils never quit, as they scored two fourth quarter touchdowns to down the Indians 36-34.
When one speaks of the Middle School Indians, you have to recognize that Donald Robinson produced every point for the Indians for the game.
Robinson was nearly unstoppable as he accounted for all five Indian touchdowns, and two the Indians successful 2-point PAT.
After Red Devil Keith Hardy put the Red Devils on the board with his second touchdown of the first quarter giving them a 16-6 lead as the first quarter ended, Robinson scored again for the Indians on the first play of the second quarter.
The Indians failed to score on both the PAT attempts and the Red Devils held a 16-12 lead.
Hardy scored the Red Devils first touchdown on a nifty 30-yard run and the second touchdown came on a 71-yard kick-off return by Hardy following Robinson's  first touchdown.
The Indians intercepted a Red Devil-pass and returned the football to the Red Devil 38-yard line late in the second quarter.
After a run to the 19-yard line, Robinson again raced into the end zone for his third touchdown of the first half. The 2-point PAT was good this time on a run by Robinson. The Indians took a 20-16 lead into the halftime break after shutting the Red Devil offense down the entire second quarter.   
Fort White took the second half kickoff and returned it to their own 30 yard line. Robinson took the hand off and raced 72 yards right up the middle of the Red Devil defense for his fourth touchdown of the game.
The 2-point PAT was ran by Robinson and was good. The Indians held a 28-16 lead.
Following a 12-play drive by the Red Devils, Malik Hall scooted in for a Red Devil touchdown with just under 3 minutes left in the third quarter. The 2-point PAT failed and the Indians held a 28-22 lead.
With 2:08 remaining in the third quarter, Robinson rambled 50 yards to pay dirt for his fifth touchdown on the night. The PAT attempt was fumbled by the Indians giving them a 34-22 lead. The Indians recovered the football on the kickoff as the third quarter was winding to a close.
On their first play from scrimmage the Indians fumbled the football back to the Red Devils.
Another nice drive by the Red Devils put them at the Indians 25-yard line. Red Devil Austin Langworthy blasted through the Indians defense for a 25 yard touchdown with 4:58 remaining in the game. Hardy ran in for the 2-point PAT and the Indians now held a slim 34-30 lead. The Indians went surprisingly to the air with 3:17 on the clock. Hardy intercepted the pass attempt for the Red Devils.
After several runs the Red Devils were at the Indians 5-yard line. Langworthy went to the 3-yard line, then Hardy went into the end zone with 2:05 remaining on the clock for his third touchdown on the night.
The 2-point try was fumbled and no good. But, the Red Devils had come from behind to take a 36-34 lead. Fort White again started from the 50 yard line following the kickoff. Robinson took the first carry to the Red Devil 24 yard line with 41 seconds on the clock. Following two more runs, Robinson went to the 17 yard line with 14.9 seconds on the clock.
The next play the ball was fumbled by the Indians and they scrambled to the line and spiked the football with 4.7 seconds on the clock.
On the last snap the Indians fumbled the pitch out and the Red Devils fell on the football as the game ended.
“What an exciting football game!”The announcer exclaimed at the end.
And it certainly was.