- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Levy County Sheriff's Office announces the following arrests:
John H. Peyregne, 17, of Cedar Key was arrested Nov. 26 for possession of a firearm on school grounds. Cedar Key Chief Bubba Castell contacted School Resource Officer Sean McMullen, who recovered a loaded 30.06 caliber rifle, a .22 caliber rifle and a shotgun. It is a felony to possess a firearm on school grounds.
The police chief previously warned the student not to bring firearms to school, but the young man told the chief he thought that since it was after school hours, it was permitted. He was at a school event at the time - about 5:45 p.m.
If any student brings a firearm to any school in Levy County, said Assistant Superintendent of Schools Jeff Davis, then he or she will be immediately suspended and the potential of expulsion exists. Davis said he is unable to discuss discipline against a particular student.
Another Levy County student was immediately suspended and later expelled this school year for writing a note saying there was a bomb in a Chiefland school.
Any minor charged with a felony can have his or her name published in the newspaper.
Any person accused of a crime in the United States is presumed innocent until he or she is proved guilty in court. Other people accused of crimes include the following:
* Basil Buie, 25, of Bronson was charged with battery on a correctional officer and battery on a detainee by a detainee on Nov. 29. Buie and another inmate reportedly fought after Buie hit the other inmate with a food tray. Buie reported he did not realize the food tray hit a correctional officer as well. Bond on these charges was set at $7,500.
* Andrew M. Daniel, 41, of Inglis was arrested Nov. 25 for driving while license suspended or revoked (DWLSR). Bond $1,500.
*Samuel L. Perryman, 36, of Lake City was arrested Nov. 23 for failure to register as required. Bond $5,000.
* Terri McDaniel, 46, of Archer was arrested Nov. 22 for writ of bodily attachment, which usually is a charge associated with failure to pay child support. Purge amount $400.
* Isaac J. Buchanan, 26, of Chiefland was arrested Nov. 24 for DWLSR and willful and wanton reckless driving. Bond $2,000.
* Kenneth D. Shelby, 41, refused to give address, was arrested Nov. 22 for retail theft. Released on own recognizance if he provided accurate information about where he lives.
* Roy L. McMahan, 20, of Chiefland was arrested Nov. 23 for on a Kansas warrant for burglary. Bond $5,000.
* Michael Rodgers, 23, of Chiefland was arrested Nov. 23 for DWLSR, no registration, no motorcycle endorsement, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond $4,750.
* Mary L. Fritts, 35, of Cedar Key and Moraine, Ohio, was arrested Nov. 27 for do driver license. She was released on her own recognizance.
* Kendale L. Oliver, 17, of Williston was arrested Nov. 21 for aggravated battery on a pregnant woman. Bond $15,000.
* Francisco Hernandez, 25, of Williston was arrested Nov. 25 for no driver license. Bond $500.
* Clifford Hill, 38, of Williston was arrested Nov. 27 for burglary. Bond $2,500.
* David A. Harris, 41, of an unlisted address was arrested Nov. 26 for felonious battery. Bond $5,000.
* Tammy S. Barbree, 24, of Williston was arrested Nov. 22 for domestic battery and aggravated domestic battery. Bond $7,000.
* James Duncan, 25, of Trenton was arrested Nov. 24 for felonious battery. Bond $15,000.
* Kathleen Wegner, 47, of Morriston was arrested Nov. 24 for battery on an elderly person. Bond $7,500.
* Cathy Speer, 20, of Bronson was arrested Nov. 21 for domestic battery. Bond $2,500.
* Larry R. Bass, 29, of Bronson was arrested Nov. 24 for domestic aggravated battery. Bond $5,000.
* Sheila Nickerson, 27, of Gainesville was arrested Nov. 23 for aggravated assault and aggravated battery. Bond $10,000.
* Russell Nickerson, 55, of Bronson was arrested Nov. 23 for battery. Bond $2,500.
* Gordon C. Sphaler, 77, of Cedar Key was arrested Nov. 23 for aggravated assault and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Bond $20,000.
* Allan R. Jesk, 52, of Chiefland was arrested Nov. 22 for battery on an elderly person. Bond $10,000.
The following people were recently arrested for failure to appear in court (FTA) or violation of probation (VOP). The original charge is listed next to the "FTA" or "VOP."
* Abijah S. Key, 27, of Chiefland, FTA-larceny, FTA-possession of drug paraphernalia and FTA-DWLSR.
* Joseph W. Campanile, 27, of Morriston, FTA-DWLSR, FTA-trespassing FTA-larceny, VOP-possession of marijuana, VOP-DWLSR and VOP-possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Harold E. Brown, 57, of Williston, FTA-possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Willie Flanders, 27, of unknown address, VOP-sexual battery of a child younger than 12 years old.
* Shon W. Hodge, 23, of Cedar Key, VOP-failure to pay, failure to report.
* Erin B. Hudson, 30, of Bronson, VOP-driving while under the influence of alcohol (DUI).
* Amy N. Brewington, 22, of St. Augustine, VOP-battery, FTA-possession of cocaine.
* Nathan E. Turner, 20, of Chiefland, three counts of VOP-grand theft
* Shelvin T. Lucky, 32, of Fairfield, VOP-misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
* James L. Boyed, 50, of Chiefland, VOP-DUI
* Stephen T. Siddons, 21, of Chiefland, VOP-possession of marijuana, VOP-possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Roy Darrell Robinson, 24, of Morriston, VOP-domestic battery, VOP-tampering with a witness, VOP-felony criminal mischief, VOP-battery and VOP-DWLSR.
* Spencer C. Parrish, 27, of Old Town, VOP-grand theft.
* Tracey Stevens, 40, of Cedar Key, VOP-resisting arrest without violence and VOP-disorderly conduct.