- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A Crystal River woman was arrested Dec. 9 after she allegedly committed aggravated battery and allegedly resisted arrest without violence, according to records.
Santa Maria Shaffer, 31, allegedly hit someone with a beer bottle when they were at the Hickory Island Lounge in Inglis.
Levy County Sheriff's Deputy Ronald Byrd responded to a complaint about this alleged attack.
The victim told the deputy that Shaffer hit her with the bottle.
The deputy learned Shaffer was staying at the Withlacoochee Motel. When he entered the motel room, the woman ran to the bathroom and barricaded herself in. Byrd repeatedly commanded the suspect to open the door, before he made entry. The husband reportedly grabbed the deputy around the neck and was handcuffed as a result.
The woman appeared to be having a seizure. The deputy took precautions to prevent her from biting off her tongue, he reported.
She was taken to Seven Rivers Hospital, treated and then went to the Levy County Jail, where bond was set at $10,000 on the two charges.
Other people accused of crimes and arrested by the Levy County Sheriff's Office include the following:
* Richard Charles Hughes, 19, of Archer was arrested Dec. 7 for three counts of burglary, grand theft, grand theft of a firearm and two counts of petit larceny. Bond $135,000.
* Duncan R. Anderson, 18, was arrested Dec. 11 for burglary, armed burglary and two counts of grand theft. Bond $85,000.
* Jessie James Young, 32, of Fanning Springs was arrested Dec. 8 for possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine with the intent to sell it, tampering with evidence, resisting arrest with violence, battery on a law enforcement officer and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond $82,500.
* Donnie Lee Wesley, 23, of Williston was arrested Dec. 10 for tampering with a witness. Bond $50,000.
* Richard Ridenour Jr., 20, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 12 for domestic battery. Bond $3,500.
* Ernie Carouth, 27, of Williston was arrested Dec. 7 for domestic battery. Bond $3,500.
* Quadrell H. Robinson, 19, of Williston, was arrested Dec. 6 for resisting arrest without violence. Bond $1,000.
* Jessie W. Brown, 35, of Mayo was arrested Dec. 6 for fleeing and attempting to elude arrest and driving while license suspended or revoked (DWLSR). Bond $3,000.
* Jose L. Calero, 18, of Bronson was arrested Dec. 13 for DWLSR. He was released on his own recognizance.
* Tylor Engel, 30, of Bell was arrested Dec. 9 for disorderly intoxication. Bond $1,000.
* Leisa A. Thomas, 37, of Archer was arrested Dec. 6 for fraud-uttering a false bill. Bond $5,000.
* Sandra Sinkhorn, 41, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 14 for three counts of fraud-insufficient funds. She was released on her own recognizance.
* Mitchell Franklin Cooper, 30, of Archer was arrested Dec. 11 for grand theft auto, failure to appear in court (FTA) on a charge of DWLSR for being a habitual traffic offender, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, FTA resisting arrest without violence and resisting arrest without violence. No bond.
* Caleb James Albert Roberts, 20, of Trenton was arrested Dec. 11 for possession of cocaine, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond $5,000.
* Amanda F. Tompkins, 26, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 11 for grand theft and dealing in stolen property. Bond $5,000.
* Betsy White, 53, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 11 for possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond $10,000.
The following people recently were arrested for failure to appear (FTA) or violation of probation (VOP):
* Mitchell F. Cooper, 30, of Archer, FTA-resisting arrest without violence and FTA-driving while license revoked as a habitual traffic offender.
* William Smith, 41, of South Carolina, FTA-burglary and burglary.
* Chastity Denise McCray, 35, of Williston, FTA-change of plea.
* Jarad Tindall, 19, of Newberry, FTA-DWLSR.
* Tarius Williams, 25, of Chiefland, FTA-possession of cocaine, FTA-sale of cocaine and FTA-bail secured bond.
* Marrio Monroe, 27, of Williston, VOP-possession of a controlled substance.
* Wayne L. Martin, 26, of Gainesville, VOP-grand theft and VOP-felony criminal mischief.
* Alex M. Bolinger, 20, of Chiefland, VOP-possession of alcohol by a minor.
* Paul L. Alexander, 29, VOP-DWLSR.
* Rhoda L. Evans, 32, of Ocala, VOP-grand theft.
* Shon Hodge, 20, of Cedar Key, VOP-possession of a controlled substance.
* Otis Williams, 42, of Apopka, VOP-worthless check.
* Laura Harper, 20, of Old Town, VOP-forgery and VOP-grand theft.
* Roosevelt Hutchinson Jr., 44, of Hawthorne, VOP-leaving the scene of an accident.
* Gerald Coleman, 37, of Williston, VOP-grand theft.
* William L. Walker, 27, of Cedar Key, VOP-fraud uttering a forged instrument.