On June 22, Deputy Gary Brewer responded to 119 Mongo St., Bronson, in reference to a domestic dispute. Upon his arrival Linda Thomas, 46, was arrested for domestic aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
The victim reported to Deputy Brewer that a verbal domestic dispute occurred inside the residence and the victim walked outside. Thomas followed the victim armed with a 12 inch kitchen knife waving the knife in a threatening manner.
During the argument Thomas grabbed the victim's necklace and pulled the victim towards her. A struggle ensued and Thomas cut her finger with the knife and the victim ran back inside the residence.
Thomas followed the victim inside the residence still armed with the knife. When the victim threatened to call 9-1-1 Thomas left the bedroom. Immediately after Thomas left the bedroom the victim shut the door and called 9-1-1. While the victim was on the phone with 9-1-1 operators Thomas attempted to gain entry in the bedroom still armed with the knife. Thomas was arrested and transported to the Levy County jail.
* In Inglis On June 24, Joseph Robert Pimental, 30, of Southeast 49th Street, Dunnellon, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, carrying a concealed firearm, person engaged in a criminal offense having a firearm, possession of stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Levy County Drug Task Force was working undercover in the Inglis area when they conducted a traffic stop on a 2-door green passenger car for faulty equipment.
During the traffic stop Sgt. Brandon Roberts with the Inglis Police Department and his
K-9 partner were summons to the traffic stop. Sgt. Roberts' K-9 gave a positive drug alert on the passenger door of the vehicle. During the search, Agents located 2.6 grams of methamphetamine, small digital scales and a loaded stolen Smith & Wesson semi-automatic pistol. The pistol was reported stolen out of Collier County. The defendant admitted that the drugs and the firearm belonged to him and he was transported to the Levy County Jail and held on a $70,000 bond.
* Jeffery Jones, 55, of Northeast 41st Street, Williston, was charged with felony aggravated assault (domestic) with a deadly weapon. According to reports, he swung an ax at a woman who shares the same address, but the woman's daughter pushed her out of the way. Bond $5,000.
* Christopher Thomas Davis, 10, of Northeast 112th Place, Archer, was charged with aggravated domestic battery with a weapon, a felony, battery on a law enforcement officer, also a felony, and misdemeanor domestic battery, three counts. According to reports, he was angry because his grandmother had taken away his video game. He allegedly struck one victim with a bar stool, kicked two in the stomach and struck a 6-year-old in the shoulder with his fist.
* Kerri Sutton, 34, of Northeast 128th Terrace, Williston, was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after a deputy responded to the hospital where the defendant and her male friend. Released on own recognizance.
* Melissa M. Shasteen, 27, of Northeast 60th Street, Bronson, was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an altercation with her husband. Released on own recognizance.
* James Leroy Mitchum, 48, of Northeast 104th Street, Bronson, was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after he and the female victim were in an altercation. He allegedly threw a cordless telephone at her and struck her both in the knee and in the head. Bond $5,000.
* Anna Marie Parmentier, 40, of Blitch Street, Bronson, was charged with felony grand theft auto after she allegedly took an auto which had been left in the care of another person by the owner, who was out of state.
* James C. Cox, 25, of Pine Street, Bronson, was arrested on an Alachua County warrant.
* Donna Michelle Smith, 26, of Peace Drive, Bronson, was arrested on two Levy County warrants for failure to appear on a charge of insufficient funds.
* Sabastian Martinez, 23, of Southeast 70th Street, Morriston, was charged with no driver's license after being stopped for having a tag on a vehicle that was assigned to a utility trailer. Bond $500.
* Gilberto Dorantes, 22, of Northeast 90th Court, Fanning Springs, was charged with DUI and no driver's license after being stopped for driving with no headlights. Bond $2,500.
* Bettie J. Stevens, 28, of Northeast 106th Court, Archer, was charged with disorderly intoxication after allegedly interfering with a traffic stop. Released on own recognizance.
* Michelle R. Keane, 39, of Northeast 110th Lane, Archer, was charged with disorderly intoxication after she entered a bar in Bronson. Bond $1,000.
* Don O. Pennington, 62, of Southeast 52nd Place, Morriston, was arrested on a Hillsborough County warrant for grand theft. Bond $1,000.