- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Some shooting incidents resulted in arrests by the Levy County Sheriff's Office this week.
An 18-year-old Williston man was arrested Dec. 31 for discharging a firearm in public and felonious criminal mischief.
Michael W. Simpson admitted shooting approximately eight road signs when he was caught at about 3:30 that morning, according to records.
A deputy heard gunshots in the area of U.S. Alt 27 and Levy County Road 335-A. He saw a car and pulled it over. Simpson said he had been shooting road signs and that he threw a 20-gauge shotgun out the window of his car to avoid the deputy taking it from him, according to records.
Simpson allegedly shot two signs near where he was caught and he shot six signs on CR 320 east of the Chiefland area. Bond was set at $1,500.
A 28-year-old Morriston man was arrested Jan. 1 for shooting into an occupied dwelling.
Crescencio Avila-Vilchis is suspected of shooting rounds into a house in the 21000 block of Southeast 62nd Street. A man, his wife and two children occupied the home at the time.
Avila-Vilchis admitted firing a 9-millimeter Hi-Point pistol at a vehicle on the road between the two houses at about 3:45 a.m., according to records. The victims' home was in the line of fire.
Both rounds entered the exterior wall and went through that and two interior walls of the home, according to records.
Bond was set at $50,000.
In another gun-related arrest, a 57-year-old Inglis woman was arrested on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after she allegedly pointed a .357 caliber pistol at her husband's face.
Diana Jamison was arrested Dec. 31 after allegedly pointing the gun at her husband and saying she was going to kill him and a woman if they did not stop seeing each other.
She then fired a round into the right rear tire of her husband's car, according to records. Bond was set at $7,000 on the two counts.
The following people were arrested by the LCSO recently:
* Pablo Daniel, 24, of Miami was arrested Dec. 29 for burglary and grand theft. Bond $30,000.
* Eudora Brandy Cruse, 27, was arrested Dec. 31 for disorderly intoxication, resisting arrest with violence and two counts of battery on a law enforcement officer. Bond $20,500.
* Adrian Greenlee, 45, of Bronson was arrested Jan. 3 for grand theft from the Levy County School Board and on a grand theft warrant from a different theft. Bond $5,000.
* Scott Clemmer, 38, of Gainesville was arrested Jan. 3 for grand theft. Bond $5,000.
* Edmund Kingsbury, 66, of Chiefland was arrested Jan. 2 for obstruction of justice. Bond $1,000.
* Troy Jenkins, 25, of Williston was arrested Dec. 31 for domestic battery. Bond $5,000.
* Roy M. Clark, 53, of Archer was arrested Dec. 29 for domestic battery. Bond $2,500.
* Rodney J. Roth, 28, of Morriston was arrested Dec. 30 for domestic battery. Bond $2,500.
* Danny J. Jenkins, 48, of Chiefland was arrested Jan. 2 for domestic battery and resisting arrest without violence. Bond $2,500.
* Ricky Depue, 44, of Yankeetown was arrested Jan. 1 for domestic battery. Bond $3,500.
* Francisco Martinez, 26, of Morriston was arrested Jan. 1 for willful and wanton reckless driving. Bond $2,000.
* Harry James Meritt, 21, of Perry was arrested Dec. 31 for leaving the scene of an accident where there was damage and no driver license. Bond $3,000.
* Edward R. Fenton, 18, of Williston was arrested Dec. 28 for grand theft. Bond $5,000.
* Terry Michael Craft, 38, of Bronson was arrested Jan. 1 for disorderly intoxication. Bond $1,000.
* Shari Lynn Golden, 35, of Williston was arrested Jan. 1 for disorderly intoxication. Bond $500.
* John Roy Cole, 35, of Williston was arrested Dec. 31 for driving while license suspended or revoked and giving alcoholic beverages to minors. Bond $2,000.
* Trevor D. Beal, 17, of Daytona Beach was arrested Dec. 30 at the Levy Youth Forestry Camp for introduction of contraband into a detention facility. When a juvenile is charged with a felony, his or her name may be published in Florida.
* Brandon Lee Hunter, 19, of Inglis was arrested Dec. 29 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond $3,000.
* Brenda Harlow, 42, of Bronson was arrested Dec. 29 for driving while under the influence of alcohol and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond $3,500.
* Carlos J. Sanchez, 31, of Bronson was arrested Dec. 25 for driving while license suspended or revoked. Bond $1,000.
* Travis S. Carter, 39, of Green Cove Springs was arrested Dec. 27 for fraud, insufficient funds. Bond $5,000.
* Kevin S. Akers, 46, of Dunnellon was arrested Dec. 27 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to appear on a traffic charge. Bond $3,600.
The following people were put on probation and are now charged with violation of probation (VOP):
* Lawrence Jennings, 53, of Yankeetown, VOP-driving while under the influence of alcohol (DUI).
* Ira Casey Wright, 23, of Chiefland, VOP-DUI.
* Mark Moran, 50, of Yankeetown, VOP-DUI