A 30-year-old Chiefland man was arrested Jan. 6 on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
David Beech reportedly hit a man with a large stick because the man made fun of Beech's girlfriend. The man was hit on Jan. 5 and was transported to North Florida Regional Hospital.
Bond was set at $15,000.
Other people arrested by members of the Levy County Sheriff's Office recently are listed below. Every person charged with a crime is presumed innocent until proved guilty in court.
* Robert B. Furr, 38, of Williston was arrested Jan. 9 for capital sexual battery on a child younger than 12 years old and lewd and lascivious molestation on a child younger than 12. Bond $225,000.
* Timothy L. Cobb, 32, of Bronson was arrested Jan. 6 for burglary and dealing in stolen property. Bond $15,000.
* Sonny Stiltner, 16, of Bronson was arrested Jan. 6 for burglary and grand theft. In Florida, any juvenile charged with a felony can have his or her name published in the newspaper.
* Roger C. Williams, 53, of Rosewood was arrested Jan. 8 for trafficking in a controlled substance. An undercover LCSO officer made the case. Bond $25,000.
* Dani Byrne, 50, of Archer was arrested Jan. 8 for domestic battery on a person older than 65 years old. Bond $10,000.
* David A. Dewees Jr., 25, of Chiefland was arrested Jan. 10 for retail theft from Alltel. Bond $1,000.
* Travis Scott Carter, 39, of Green Cove Springs was arrested Jan. 9 on a Citrus County warrant for passing worthless checks. Bond $2,000.
* Michael E. Wall, 55, of Chiefland was arrested Jan. 9 for domestic assault, domestic battery and aggravated domestic battery. Bond $4,000.
* Ishmael Mosley, 23, of Bronson was arrested Jan. 10 for driving while license suspended or revoked, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance. Bond $4,000.
* Ronnie Jose Dominguez, 31, of Fanning Springs was arrested Jan. 10 for disorderly intoxication. Bond $1,000.
* Kimberly L. Wirth, 23, of Old Town was arrested Jan. 10 for disorderly intoxication. Bond $1,000.
* Barry B. Smith, 27, of Inglis was arrested Jan. 7 for two counts of larceny. Bond $12,500.
* James R. Suggs, 46, of Astatula was arrested Jan. 7 for fraud-uttering a false bill and larceny. Bond $7,500.
* Richard McGraw Sr., 53, of Inglis was arrested Jan. 7 for driving while license suspended or revoked (DWLSR). He was released on his own recognizance.
* Jacob Cox, 33, of Chiefland was arrested Jan. 4 for DWLSR. Bond $300.
* David Saunders, 37, of Bronson was arrested Jan. 8 for domestic battery. Bond $10,000.
* Nicholas T. Eufemia, 22, of Morriston was arrested Jan. 8 for failure to appear on charges of willful and wanton reckless driving and giving a false name to a law enforcement officer, two counts of fraud and larceny. No bond.
The following people were arrested for violation of probation (VOP).
* Carl W. Garrison, 43, of Williston, VOP-possession of a short-barrel shotgun.
* Eduardo L. Ramirez, 23, of Bronson, VOP-driving while under the influence of alcohol and VOP-no driver license.
* Andrea Earl, 25, of Bronson, VOP-larceny.
* Margot Maddock, 48, of Chiefland, VOP-possession of cocaine.
* Otis G. Edwards, 35, of Tallahassee, VOP-DWLSR.