- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Kindergarten Registration at Joyce Bullock
With school starting on Aug. 20, it is critical to register your incoming kindergartener as soon as possible.
Children need to be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1. Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate, Social Security card, shot record and a physical that cannot be more than a year old from the Aug. 20 date.
Class Assignments, Important Dates for JBES
Parents will be able to find out which teacher their child has for the upcoming school year starting Aug. 6.
Kindergarten parents will receive a letter in the mail stating the teacher, staggered start day to attend during the first week of school, and supply list.
Pre-K parents will receive a letter if their child was accepted into the VPK program, as well as given a date to come to JBE for registration day. Some teachers may mail out welcome letters, but class supply lists are available in the front office or on the school website.
Please save the following dates:
Meet the Teacher: Aug. 17 2:30-4 p.m. and Open House: Aug. 23 (2nd grade/pre-k- 5:30, 1st grade- 6:15, kinder-7).
WHS Open House
Williston High School will hold an Open House for all parents and students Tuesday, Sept.11 from 6- 8 p.m.
Information will be provided regarding current graduation requirements, new courses, clubs/sports, and more.
In addition, students may come to school on Thursday, Aug. 16 from 9 a.m to 3 p.m to purchase parking permits and locker rentals for the upcoming school yeaear
The following information will help parents and students prepare for the start of the school year on August 20th.
• WHS will follow a new bell schedule. School will begin at 8:40 a.m. and students will report to a homeroom class each day. School will end at 3:29 p.m.
• All students will be provided with a student planner that will serve as their hall pass.
• Students can rent locks for school lockers from the administration for $2. No personal locks are allowed on school lockers.
• Students who wish to park on campus must purchase a parking permit from WHS. Permits cost $20 for the year, or $15 if the SBLC Safety Course has been completed.
• Required School Supplies – all students will be required to use two, two-inch binders for their classes; one for math and science, and one for all other courses. Additionally, all students will need to have notebook paper, dividers and writing utensils.
For additional information about the upcoming school year and to view the 2012-2013 student handbook, visit the WHS webpage at whs.levyschools.org.